Problem Book for First Year Calculus
The text is written to challenge students at a much deeper level than a traditional high school or first-year college calculus course. The book includes hundreds of problems, ranging from routine exercises to extremely challenging problems drawn from major mathematics competitions such as the Putnam Competition and the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament.
Full, detailed solutions to all problems are built into the book. Something appears to not have loaded correctly. Click to refresh.
Forums Contests Search Help. Introduction Series. Gift Certificates.
Problem Book for First Year Calculus (Problem Books in Mathematics)
Overview Calculus is part of the acclaimed Art of Problem Solving curriculum designed to challenge high-performing middle and high school students. No previous experience with mathematical proof is assumed: rhetorical strategies and techniques of proof reduction ad absurdum , induction, contrapositives, etc are introduced by example along the way.
cyarelseaten.gq Between the text and the exercises, proofs are available for all the basic results of calculus for functions of one real variable. However, it would hardly be practical to carry out such a procedure every thime we needed a square root.
- The Gymnasium of Virtue: Education and Culture in Ancient Sparta (Studies in the History of Greece and Rome)!
- A Survival Guide for Working with Humans: Dealing with Whiners, Back-Stabbers, Know-It-Alls, and Other Difficult People.
- Protein-Dye Interactions: Developments and Applications;
- Cultures in motion?
- First Year Calculus for Students of Mathematics and Related Disciplines.
- SIAM Review.
And for other functions, like sin x , we would have to come up with an entirely different evaluation procedure. Fortunately, it is possible using tools from calculus to come up with a systematic procedure for evaluating most of the functions we deal with.
- The Narrow Circle.
- Mathematics | /sci/ Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia;
- Also Available as an Online Book.
- You may also be interested in....
- Problem Book for First Year Calculus pdf?
Contains solutions for all of the problems contained in the textbook. Available only to instructors.
Order on your department letterhead. Free with adoption orders of 20 or more copies of the textbook. Skip to main content.